Complete Guide to Google and Amazon Interview Coaching
January 25, 2023
Going through an interview process at Google or Amazon can be daunting, as both companies are known for their rigorous and challenging interview process. However, with the proper preparation and mindset, you can increase your chances of success.
Passing Amazon or Google job interviews requires distinct and dedicated preparation. In addition, landing a job in these global innovative tech companies requires different training. Therefore, here we share some keys to help make this process more manageable.
Ace your Google interview with our Impeccable Interview professional coaching services. With our Google interview coaching we will guide you through the interview process, from preparing for technical questions to practicing your communication skills.
Tips To Pass Interviews on Amazon
1. Develop Leadership Skills: Leadership is a skill that can be developed with practice, not just innate to specific individuals. Investing time and effort in honing your leadership abilities to reach the peak of your career is essential. Amazon evaluates candidate es based on leadership principles. As a leader, you should have customer obsession, taking ownership of long and short-term goals.
The job interview is a time to showcase what you have done and remember to use “I” instead of “We.”, even though interviewers know you worked in a collaborative environment.
Get ready to excel at your Amazon interview with our expert coaching services. Increase your chances of landing the job with our Amazon interview coaching.
2. Prepare Behavioral Questions: Preparing behavioral questions: Preparing for behavioral interview questions is essential in the Amazon interview process. Behavioral questions are designed to assess how you have handled situations in the past and how you might handle similar situations in the future. Therefore, be prepared for questions like Interviewer might ask you how you handled previous difficult situations.
Study the job description and company you’ll be interviewing with to help you prepare for a Prepare for the competencies that the company is looking for in the candidate.
3. Be Prepared for Unexpected Questions: It will help to familiarize yourself with the frequently asked questions and solutions for Amazon interviews. Although you can prepare for some of the regularly asked questions, it is only sometimes the case. So be prepared for unforeseen and unexpected questions. What if an unforeseen query is raised? What response will you give?
The majority of the frequently requested interview questions at Amazon are behavioral. Therefore, you will need to practice answering questions using the Amazon leadership principles to respond to unexpected questions.
4. Plan Your Answers Using the STAR Method: The STAR method is valuable for structuring your responses to behavioral interview questions, such as those often asked during an interview with Amazon. It includes four key elements: Situation, Task, Action, and Results. By following this method, you can ensure your answers are well-organized and provide a clear picture of your past experiences and how they have prepared you for the role.
When answering a question, start by describing the situation, including any relevant background information. Next, explain the Task that you were faced with and what your goals or objectives were. Then, describe the Action you took to address the situation and the steps you took to reach your goals. Finally, share the results or outcome of your actions, including any positive impact or successes.
Tips To Pass Interviews on Google
1. Ask Questions: Asking questions during an interview is an integral part of the interviewee’s process, as questions can leave room for clarification. Instead of making assumptions, you can tell the Interviewer that you did not understand the question and need more clarification. Asking questions can help them better understand the company, the role, and the team and determine whether the job is a good fit for them. It can also demonstrate the candidate’s interest in the company and the role and make a good impression on the Interviewer.
2. Be Prepared for Virtual Interviews: Virtual interviews are becoming increasingly common in today’s job market, so if you face a virtual interview, make sure your space is video ready. Ensure your computer, webcam, microphone, and internet connection are all working properly before the interview. Even though you’ll be in the comfort of your own home, it’s important to dress professionally for the interview. Next, choose a quiet and well-lit space to conduct the interview. It will help ensure that your Interviewer can hear you clearly and see your facial expressions. Finally, remember that even though the interview is virtual, it’s still an opportunity to showcase your personality and skills. Be yourself and let your passion and enthusiasm shine through.
3.Practice Algorithms and Data Structures Daily: Choose two or three tasks from your list, and spend two to three hours daily working on them. Test your memory by outlining an algorithm or data structure on paper or a whiteboard as you learn new information. When you’re through, list your worst-case scenarios and space complexities. Always, always double-check your work!
Then paste your code into your preferred IDE and compile it. Any compilation mistakes should be noted so you can prevent them the next time you perform the exercise.
Continue doing this until your code can be written and compiled without logical or syntactic mistakes.
When preparing for your interview, remember to highlight data that demonstrates the impact you’ve made in your previous roles. It will help your Interviewer understand what you’ve accomplished and the extent of your contributions. In addition, consider the specific needs of the position you’re applying for and how your experiences align with those needs. One way to present this information is by using the following formula: Accomplishment (X) as measured by (Y) by implementing (Z). For example, “I improved customer satisfaction by 25%, as measured by surveys, by implementing a new customer service training program.
It’s important to prepare for specific questions and sharpen your interview skills to excel in the Google or Amazon interview process. Be ready to share relevant stories and experiences and practice, practice, practice. It will help you answer questions confidently and move on to the next round.
Unlock your full potential with our leadership coaching for career advancement. We will work with you to develop your leadership skills, effective communication to strategic thinking and give you the tools and guidance you need to excel in your field.